You can contact me at this address:
Departamento de Informação e Sistemas
Av. Jornalista Anibal Fernandes s/n – Cidade Universitária (Campus Recife), 50740-560 Recife-PE, Brazil
Tel: (+55 81) 2126-8430, x4092 Fax: (+55 81) 2126-8438
- Senior Research Scientist at Ustore, 2013~2017
- Institutional Representative (RI) of the Brazilian Computer Society – UFPE (Federal University of Pernambuco), since 2011
- Associate Professor at CIn (Informatic Center) of UFPE (Federal University of Pernambuco), since 2010
- D.Sc. in Computer Science, 2010, at CIn (Informatic Center) of UFPE (Federal University of Pernambuco), Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil. Advisor: Silvio Romero de Lemos Meira & Co-advisor: Eduardo Santana de Almeida
- Assistant Professor II at UPE (Pernambuco University), 2009~2010.
- Professor and Researcher at CESAR.EDU – Recife Center for Advanced Studies and Systems Educational Unit, 2007~2010.
- Professor of New Technologies at FAFICA (Faculty of Philosophy, Sciences and Letters of Caruaru), 2008.
- Visiting Researcher, 2006, University of Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany, Colin Atkinson’s Group.
- Senior member of RiSE – Reuse in Software Engineering Group.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Certified, 2006.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, 2005, at Computer Departement of Federal University of São Carlos, São Carlos, São Paulo, Brazil. Advisor: Antonio Francisco do Prado
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, 2000, at Salvador University (UNIFACS), Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. Advisor: Antonio Carlos Fontes Atta
- Honored Professor, Class of Information Systems (B.Sc.), CIn (Informatic Center) of UFPE (Federal University of Pernambuco), 2016 - 2017
- Honored Professor (Paraninfo), Class of Information Systems (B.Sc.), CIn (Informatic Center) of UFPE (Federal University of Pernambuco), 2016.2
- Br-SCMM: Modelo Brasileiro de Maturidade para Cidades Inteligentes. Melhor artigo da trilha Sistemas de Informação e os Desafios do Mundo Aberto do IX Simpósio Brasileiro de Sistemas de Informação (SBSI 2013), João Pessoa, PB, Brazil. Promovido pela Sociedade Brasileira de Computação.
- RiSE Reference Model for Software Reuse Adoption in Brazilian Companies. First place in the Contest of Thesis and Dissertations in Software Quality (Concurso de Teses e Dissertações em Qualidade de Software – CTDQS) – Type: Ph.D., X Brazilian Symposium on Software Quality (SBQS Conference), Sociedade Brasileira de Computação (SBC), Curitiba-PR, Brazil, 2011.
- Honorable Mention as THE BEST TOOL of the X Workshop on Tools and Applications (X Workshop de Ferramentas e Aplicações), XVII Brazilian Symposium on Multimedia Systems and Web – WebMedia (XVII Simpósio Brasileiro de Sistemas Multimídia e Web), Sociedade Brasileira de Computação (SBC), Curitiba-PR, Brazil, 2011
- Honored Professor, Class of Analysis and System Development, FAFICA (Faculty of Philosophy, Sciences and Letters of Caruaru), Caruaru, Pernambuco, 2008.
- COMPGOV Project: Shared Library for E-Gov Components,(in portuguese), among the ten best projects, Meeting of Software Quality and Productivity (EQPS), 7th Brazilian Simposium on Software Quality (SBQS), Florianopolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil, 2008
- Reuse in Software Engineering (RiSE),(in portuguese), among the ten best business plans, Intel + UC Berkeley Technology Entrepreneurship Challenge, Brazilian Contest (FGV-CEPE), São Paulo, Brazil, 2007.
- A CASE tool for Aspect-Oriented Software Development (in portuguese), is among the three best tools in the XI Tools Session – XVIII Brazilian Symposium on Software Engineering (SBES Conference), Sociedade Brasileira de Computação (SBC), Brasília-DF, Brazil, 2004.
- UMA INVESTIGAÇÃO SOBRE AS DIFICULDADES DE PLANEJAMENTO DE TI EM INSTITUIÇÕES PÚBLICAS BRASILEIRAS: UMA ABORDAGEM COM TEORIA FUNDAMENTADA EM DADOS, Amazon Servicos de Varejo do Brasil Ltda, ASIN: B077GBLBQ3, 2017.
- RiSE Reference Model for Software Reuse Adoption: An Approach for Brazilian Companies, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (March 18, 2011).
- C.R.U.I.S.E - Component Reuse in Software Engineering, 1. ed. Recife: C.E.S.A.R e-books, 2007. v. 1. 219p., Copyright: Attribution Non-Commercial ShareAlike (BY-NC-SA).
Computer Societies Membership
- Brazilian Computer Society Member since 2002, (Nr: 11919)
- IEEE and IEEE Computer Society Member since 2008, (Nr: 90544198)
- IASA – The Global IT Architect Association, (Nr: 20099580)
- Web of Science/Publons (ResearchID): https://publons.com/researcher/2959789/vinicius-garcia/
- Social Machines, Social Networks, Cloud Computing, Social Computing
- Education in Software Engineering, Serious Game, Game Development, Game Environment for Education
- Software Reuse: Software Reuse Adoption, Software Reuse Risks and Costs Models, Tools and Environments, Component-Based Software Engineering (CBSE), Domain Engineering, Software Product Lines, Open Source, PSEE, CASE Tools, Design Patterns.
- Software Reengineering, Software Transformations, Reverse Engineering, Refactoring, generative Programming
- Aspect-Oriented Software Development (aosd.net), AspectJ Project
- INES (National Institute of Science and Technology for Software Engineering), since 2008
- OpenBio & OpenBio Wiki (EUBrazil Open Data Cloud Computing e-Infrastructure for Biodiversity), 2011~2013 (concluded)
- RiSE: Reuse in Software Engineering Group, since 2003
- Phoenix: An Approach for Aspect-Oriented Software Reengineering – core development at Federal University of São Carlos, 2003 – 2005 (concluded)
- MVCase Tool – core development at Federal University of São Carlos, 2001 – 2005 (concluded)
- Software Reengineering using Transformations (site in portuguese) – core development at Federal University of São Carlos, 2001 – 2003 (concluded)
- Draco-PUC Transformation System (site in portuguese) – core development at Federal University of São Carlos, 2001 – 2005 (concluded)
- CNPq / RHAE
- FAPESB – Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado da Bahia
- FACEPE – Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de Pernambuco
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior – CAPES
- Computer Department, Federal University of São Carlos
- Financiadora de Estudos e Projetos – FINEP
- Informatic Center, Federal University of Pernambuco
- Recife Center for Advanced Studies and Systems – C.E.S.A.R
- Institute of Mathematical and Computing Sciences, University of São Paulo (ICMC/USP-São Carlos)
- Instituto Nacional de Ciência e Tecnologia para Engenharia de Software – INES
- RiSE Reference Model for Software Reuse Adoption in Brazilian Companies. Ph.D. Thesis presented at Federal University of Pernambuco (UFPE). Advisor: Silvio Romero de Lemos Meira. Download, read and/or share.
- Phoenix: An Approach for the Aspect-Oriented Software Reengineering (in portuguese) M.Sc. Dissertation presented in March 03, 2005 at Federal University of São Carlos (UFScar). Advisor: Antonio Francisco do Prado. Download, read and/or share.
- VPN Analisys and Implementation in a Linux Environment (in portuguese) B.Sc. Monography presented in December, 2000 at Salvador University (UNIFACS). Advisor: Antonio Carlos Fontes Atta. For download, request for me.